Wednesday, March 7, 2007

The Legend of Legal Zelda

So my classmate Simone and I determined that LARC is a lot like an old Zelda Videogame, and if treated as such, it becomes more manageable.

With this most recent assignment, I am on a multiple-part quest.

I was sent into the forest of dissent, where I fought many creatures. I found the tome of statute after traversing the laberynth of eternal suffering. This was a hard task, for I am still not armed with the Master Sword of Jurisprudence. I managed to slay the minotaur with an encantation from the Book of Azure, but it was no easy task. Once I opened the tome, I went back to the wise man who gave me the quest to begin with. On the way back, a deadly bear was awoken in the cave of torts. I was able to trick the bear with a spell of limited immunity, but I lost most of my hearts on the way out from a scuttling saegel beast.

The fool who gave me the quest is now sending me BACK to the tome in order to get more specific directions on how to attain the triforce of memo: Illustration, Analogy, Distinction. Ugh. I know, however, that getting the triforce will require me getting the seven gems of power. It will be a trying test of mettle, but I think I can pull through. I can go get an extra heart with free soup. I'll need to get my magic replenished with beer. As for weaponry, I can always go to the maiden of virtue in the well of hope, and have my minor dagger of flacidity transformed into the massive warhammer of erect manliness. I think I get life and magic back too.

This will be a tough quest, especially since I cannot make use of my allies. I know I can pull through... I just need to remember not to hit the chickens too many times, or they will flock on me and injure me further. I'll also have to hunt down the IPod bandit (see my other journal, http://carverkenshi.livejournal.com/ for more information on that beast).

I just need some good theme music...

Well, I'm going to save my game/sleep now, I'll keep postings on my quest progress.

"You feel fully rested, but you're still hungry..."

-Edward

1 comment:

Chi-City 1L said...

Dude - you're an awesome writer! I love this post...it's so on point...